Coupling Connection, we believe
that a number of factors are crucial for creating and maintaining
the relationship of your dreams. If one or more of these factors
is missing or not working properly, a relationship loses it’s
sparkle over time. Fortunately, you have the power to influence
each of these factors to keep your love alive.
In our fast-paced society, we’ve come to believe
that love, like most other things, should come easily and
require little effort or education. It seems that people believe
that romantic partners are easily disposable and replaceable
once the newness wears off. But, if you are reading this website,
you are probably one of the lucky people who realize that
a successful relationship doesn't just happen, it takes WORK.
The proper knowledge, skills, and effort can transform your
relationship from ordinary to Extraordinary!
Read on to discover some of the principles required for a
healthy, satisfying relationship that lasts. Do you have the
knowledge and skills to make these principles come alive in
your relationship? If not, Coupling Connection can show you
FOR RELATIONSHIP SUCCESS
- Knowledge about how your family history contributes
to your current relationship style.
- Using that knowledge to pick the right partner,
a healthy partner, for you.
- Good communication skills that include knowing
how to really listen and how to talk so that yourpartner
- The ability to address underlying issues by stepping
back from an interaction, remainingobjective, and acting,
- Willingness to take responsibility for your own
contribution to difficulties and an ability to change your
role in the interaction.
- Keeping romance and love alive by doing the little
things that make your partner feel appreciated, loved, and
- Finding ways to stay connected by spending time
together, doing mutually enjoyable activities. This is especially
true once children arrive!
- Knowing how to protect your marriage from infidelity,
which can happen to even happy couples, when you do not
heed the warning signs.
- Being willing to apologize and forgive.
- Commitment to the idea of commitment to get you
through the times when you "don't feel like it."
- Understanding that lasting love is a choice and
a behavior, not primarily a feeling. Feelings go up and
down, but for love to last, youmust consistently choose
to behave in loving ways that nourish your relationship.